Welcome to Term 3

43

Posted by Mrs Grayson | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on July 15, 2015

Welcome to Term 3

Term 3 sustainability workshops are underway. Comment on what your group is doing to support sustainability at St Bede’s.

Home Learning Term 3

Homework Term3 Week7 and 8 Click here

Book Week Books to Share

Book Week Authors to share (click here)

INQUIRY

This terms Inquiry unit involves understanding the interrelationship between living things and the natural and manmade environments. We will be reflecting on the decisions we make and the impact these have and strive for a sustainable world. We be investigating the terms biodiversity and habitat.

Please view and share the video below ” Web of Life” we have been studying in class.

Home Learning 

Click the link below for this weeks home Learning                                                                 

34T Home Learning week 1 and 2

Spelling Fun

Click the link below to find suffix  ‘ous ‘ words

Spelling for 34s (spelling link)

Typing Tutor for you to practice at home

Click the link below

Typing Tutor

Comments (43)

The Stone Lion

Author: Margret Wild
Illustrator: Ritva Voutila

The Stone Lion is a highly recommended book. It is a great story that I enjoyed. I like it and I think everyone can enjoy it as well

Score: 9.5/10

Amazing story. It’s like every single word is an emotion.
Fantastic!

10/10

I⃗ t⃗h⃗i⃗n⃗k⃗ t⃗h⃗a⃗t⃗ g⃗o⃗d⃗s⃗ c⃗r⃗e⃗a⃗t⃗i⃗o⃗n⃗ i⃗s⃗ v⃗e⃗r⃗y⃗ precious b⃗u⃗t⃗ s⃗o⃗m⃗e⃗t⃗i⃗m⃗e⃗s⃗ p⃗e⃗o⃗p⃗l⃗e⃗ d⃗o⃗n⃗’t⃗ l⃗o⃗o⃗k⃗ a⃗f⃗t⃗e⃗r⃗ it and they break the rule of s⃗tewardship .This picture picture shows god’s wonderful creation.

The Stone Lion is a beautiful tale full of sadness, love, kindness and many other feelings. The characters in this story are always hugging and leaning against the lion. I recommend this book.

The stone lion
I thought that the book the stone lion was a really heart felt story.My favorite part was when the lion rescued the girl.

The author- Margret Wild
The illustrator- Ritva Voutila
The book The Stone Lion is a warmhearted and thoughtful book.
I recommended this book to primary school students.
I give it 10/10.

The Stone Lion is a very interesting and kind book and I recommend this book for all ages. I also rate this book 10/10

It is the best book ever!!!

I thought “The Stone Lion”was very interesting because it showed how the stone lion wanted to become a real lion and save a little girl and her brother when they were homeless.
10/10

I thought “The Stone Lion”was good,caring and helpful but he looked cold as stone,he was caring when he was helping the homeless little girl and her brother when they where out side the library.I highly recommend.

8/10

Pig the pug lived in a flat with a sausage dog Trevor. Trevor wanted to play with Pig but he didn’t play with him, so Pig made a pile of his toys and stood on top. Suddenly the pile fell, Pig fell out of the window and hurt himself. When Pig was recovering, Pig finally let Trevor play with his toys.

Pig the pug was a greedy dog and lived in a flat with a sausage dog Trevor, and when was he nice to him? I’ll tell you never! One day Trevor told Pig he had some lovely toys. Pig said their “MINE MINE MINE!”, so Pig piled his toys up and climbed to the top, Trevor noticed that the pile was wobbling. In a blink of an eye Pig fell out the window. While Pig was in plaster. Trevor was playing with Pigs toys.

Pig the pug was a pug but he never shared his toys. He made a big pile of toys and stood on top. He fell out the window and from that day on he always shared his toys with Trevor.

Pig the Pug
Pig the pug was a greedy dog.Pig lived with a sausage dog called Trevor.Pig did not like to share his toys with Trevor.
But it might be more fun to play with you said Trevor. Pig said they are mine you sausage shape swine. Pig stacked up his toys then he climbed up. Pig fell out the window and then he played with the sausage dog.

Pig the Pug was a greedy little dog. He lived in a flat with the sausage dog, Trevor. Trevor wanted to play but Pig didn’t share his toys with Trevor. So Pig pilled up all his toys and sat on top of it. Pig sat and the pile wobbled and he fell out of the window. While Pig recovered he finally shared his toys with Trevor.

Pig the Pug

Pig the Pug was a greedy dog. He lived with a sausage dog, Trevor. Trevor asked to play with Pig, but Pig said “No! They’re mine!!” ”But it might be more fun! “ said Trevor “NO!” said Pig, and he gathered all his toys into a tower. Pig climbed on top of the tower but he fell out the window into a thick bush. While Pig was recovering, he let Trevor play with Pig’s toys too.

Book score: 10/10

PIG THE PUG BY AARON BLABEY.

Once upon a time, there was a dog his name was Pig, Pig the Pug. He was greedy, selfish, rude and mean. One day Pig was playing with his toys, then Trevor the sausage dog came. Trevor wanted pig to share but he wouldn’t! OH NO! AN ACCIDENT OCCURS! WHAT COULD IT BE? read PIG THE PUG and find out!

Pig The Pug
Pig the Pug was a very greedy Pug and he did not share anything with another dog. The Pug made a big pile with all his toys but then the other dog said,”Watch out there.,” But Pig the pug didn’t listen. After that he fell down and then he was in plaster. Then he had to share his toys with the dog called Trevor.

Pig the Pug

Pig the Pug was very selfish to his mate Trevor. He preffered not to share anything at all. One day he decided to pile up all his toys so Trevor couldn’t get to them. Suddenly the pile started to wobble. “Watch out!” caled Trevr. But is was to late. Poor pig had fell backwards out the window, and from that day on he shared all his toys trough his recovery.

Pig the Pug

Pig the Pug was very selfish to his mate Trevor. He preffered not to share anything at all. One day he decided to pile up all his toys so Trevor couldn’t get to them. Suddenly the pile started to wobble. “Watch out!” called Trevr. But is was to late. Poor pig had fell backwards out the window, and from that day on he shared all his toys trough his recovery.

Pig the Pug was a selfish dog.He never shared anything, but they was a pile of toys and Pig was on top.Trevor saw the tall pile and Pig wasn’t moving, then he fell out the window.Pigs are to fat to fly, so he shared his toys with Trevor.

One day there was a pug. He was such a pig,he hogged every toy in the house. But one day he fell of the window and he shared his toys.

Pig the pug was a greedy dog who lived with in a flat with a sausage dog called Trevor. Trevor asked Pig if he could play with his toys but Pig yelled out ” No ” and flipped his wig. Pig made a mountain of toys and sat on the top but the pike started to wobble and Pig fell. While Pig was recovering Trevor looked after him. From then on Pig shared his toys with Trevor.

Mary Mackillop cared a lot about children and people. Mary wanted children to go to school so Mary started a school called st Joseph’s.
She helped poor people.

In 1866, Mary Mary began the first St Josephs school in an old stable. Mary also opened a safe house for women and an orphanage for children without parents.

Mary MacKillop was born on January 15th, 1842 in Melbourne, Victoria. Her mother and father were from Scotland and they came to Australia. Mary helped others including the poor and many children. She worked as a teacher in Penola, South Australia. In Penola she met Father Julian Tenison Woods. They wanted poor children to go to the school so that they could learn. In 1866, the first St. Joseph’s school was built in an old stable. Mary dedicated her life doing God’s work. All children were welcome in the school which gave free catholic education. Mary MacKillop died on August 8th 1909 in Alma Cottage, North Sydney. The sisters at St. Joseph’s school continued doing the good work after Mary passed away. Mary MacKillop became Australia’s first Saint on October 17th, 2010.

Mary Mckillop…
Mary, know now St Mary of the cross was very important for what she did. She donated everything she owned and did God’s work. She was canonised on the 17th of October 2010 ] She is the first and only Australian to be recognised by the Catholic Church as a saint. She is a very important person. She was born in 1842 and died in 1909.

Keywords: Donating

Mary Mackillop

Mary spent most of her life looking after people, especially the poor. She even made a school for the poor to go to so they could learn. She started her first school called St. Josephs in 1866 in an old stable. Mary spent her life doing Gods work. Mary was always kind to others.
-Amelie

Mary Mackillop showed stewardship by being kind,helpful and never rude. She worked in a class room, she taught people about God and how the should behave.

Mary MacKillop

Mary MacKillop was a woman of grace. She cared for the poor very much. In 1866, Mary and Father Julian opened a school mainly for the poor so that they could learn.Two of Mary’s sisters came to help as well as other young women came to help too. All children were welcome to St. Joseph’s school which gave free catholic education. She also started a safe house for all who had no parents. She became a saint on October 17th, 2010.

By Yasmin Korfiatis 🙂 🙂

Mary Mackillop
Mary Mackillop was born on the 15th of January 1842 her parents were Alexander and Flora Mackillop. She had 7 siblings 3 sisters Annie, Margret, Alexandra and her 4 brothers Peter, John, Alec and Donald. Mary opened up a school in Australia called St.Joseph for the kids in need of education, and started teaching children in a town called Penola. Mary died on August the 8th 1909 and was recognized as a saint in 2005.

My Sustainability Group
My Sustainability group is green thumbs. Green Thumbs is about gardening and digging for good soil. Our objective is to find as many dinosaur bones as we can. We have started planting new plants dividing them so we can fit them into the Pot Plant. I was not here last Friday so I didn’t get the Information.

ELLIOT 🙂

Mary Mackillop really cared about kids and them learning. She believed in god and really tried to be like him.Mary and a priest made st Josephs school for kids that are poor in Adelaide she also helped women and young children with no parents.

Herb Garden
In my sustainability group, we started off with a powerpoint to explain what we were doing.
Then we split into groups:
Painting the lattice
Building the scarecrow
Painting bottles
I was in painting the lattice.
The week after I was in the same group but after Ruby, Ava and I cut the wire.

Say No To Plastic Bags

in say no to plastic bags we learnt how to make a jelly fish in the ocean (but it was just in a bottle).We made it by getting as plastic bag and folding it to a triangle and then we tied string to the top so it has a head, ten put it in a bottle and put water and blue food die in.

We also made a drawing to put on a calico bag.

Frog Bog
In frog bog group we are creating a frog habitat to encourage frogs to come. We are also making bird scarers and a scarecrow to frighten the birds to go away from the pond. So far we have made the frog bog but we haven’t finished making the scarecrow.

The Peace Garden is making tiles and drawing photos of what the Peace Garden should look like. The Peace Garden will be peaceful and relaxing for the students at St Bede’s!!

Energy Cops

Being an Energy Cop means saving energy and it looks after the environment. Last week, we created a Trailer for Energy Cops.

My goup is Green Thumbs and is about creating a native garden in the amitheartre. It is also about collaboration and working as a team.

COMMUNITY HERB GARDEN
On the first day of the community herb garden workshop, we started off by learning about the different herbs the we will be growing such as parsley, oregano, sage, basil etc. Then we split into three groups
*Scarecrow
*Painting the lattice
*Creating blue bottles
I was painting the lattice. We painted the lattice so we could hang up the blue bottles that have our seeds in them. Then to keep the herbs safe, we created a scarecrow so the birds don’t peck on the herbs. The herbs are hanging up in between St Bedes church and St Bedes primary school pathway for all of North Balwyn’s community to share!
By Yasmin 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

The Herb Garden has.
1.Painted there bottles.
2.Decorated our bottles
3.Painted there ferns.
4.Painted our crates
5.Hung our bottles
6.Packed up and finished our job

The Dream
“Hmm, what should I draw?” A boy stares blankly at his piece of paper. “Time to go to bed,” said his Mum. He gets in his cosy bed. He falls fast asleep, he has a dream that he’s in his sheet of paper. He’s invisible, he picks up his pencil and starts to draw a smaller pencil. The drawing comes to life. He grabs the pencil and lies down on the paper. He starts to trace from his head to his hips. He stands up and adds the details on himself. His invisible body forms into the picture of himself, the picture comes to life. He finishes his dream by drawing his legs and turning into a minuscule person. He wakes up and fell back to sleep.

Ziba came on a boat
I feel sorry for the refugees who come to our country because they are forced to leave everything behind. I feel that the refugees are brave because they can’t come by any other transport than a boat which could be dangerous.

I feel sorry for the refugees who come to our country because they are forced to leave everything behind. I feel that the refugees are brave because they can’t come by any other transport other than a boat which could be dangerous.

Write a comment