Welcome to Term 4

6

Posted by Mrs Grayson | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on October 21, 2015

Inquiry for Term 4

Week 6 and 7

Go to your Google Drive for your Home Learning Page

On the class blog look at the writing stimulus. Write a paragraph response to the stimulus.  Your response may take the form of: -	A descriptive piece -	A story starter -	A poem -	A recount Your response must: -	Be 5 to 6 sentences in length (no shorter, no longer) -	Use correct grammar and punctuation -	Self-edit your work before publishing to check the above -	Be published on the class blog before Thursday
On the class blog look at the writing stimulus. Write a paragraph response to the stimulus.
Your response may take the form of:
– A descriptive piece
– A story starter
– A poem
– A recount
Your response must:
– Be 5 to 6 sentences in length (no shorter, no longer)
– Use correct grammar and punctuation
– Self-edit your work before publishing to check the above
– Be published on the class blog before Thursday

How Do We Change as We Grow?

Religion

The Good Samaritan

Who is the ‘Good Samaritan’ for refugees?

Share your thoughts and feeling on the picture story

Ziba Came on a Boat

Comments (6)

The story “Ziba came on a boat” made me feel sad because how difficult it must have been to cross the ocean in a cramped and smelly boat. It also made me think about my mum from Vietnam to Australia. I wonder how they knew where to go? The “Good Samaritan” in the story has been seen in both the mother and the children who welcomed Ziba to Australia. I consider myself very fortunate to have a loving family, a pet dog, a big house and to be born in a”a lucky country”. The story makes me realise that we have to help the less fortunate such as refugees, poor people and the homeless.

Hi
These are my thoughts and feelings about the story
‘Ziba Came On A Boat’.
1. I think Ziba’s Good Samaritans are her parents and the people who comforted her and made her feel at home
2. Another one is the friends and families that care and love her with all their hearts and respect the hard time that she is going though.
3. I feel hope in that she can make new friends and be able to have a better future.
Emma

“BBBBBRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGG!” The school bell rings and lessons begin. “Open up your books children.” the teacher exclaimed. They read the text and answered the questions. After that the children went out for lunch. A child was still at his desk when the bell rang. “Come on, Jack.” his friend said. “Coming.” he said and covered the drawing on the worksheet underneath a book.” Where am I?” the cartoon person thought.” And where are my legs?” The cartoon person worked hard to draw his legs. ” Finally,” he said.” I can move and I’m alive!” The children came inside and the cartoon person emerged back into the worksheet.

This book is about a little girl called Ziba and she came on a boat with her family and maybe her friends to another country for a better life. As the boat drifted Ziba’s thoughts grew sadder and sadder because she missed her home even though she was poor.

This book makes me feel sad and happy because its about a little girl who misses her home but then her life is going to be better.

5/10

I thought that Ziba came on a boat was very sad and hopeful. I would recommend this story other people.

Refugees
I feel angry that refugees are held in detention centres for many years. I feel that refugees should be treated like normal people, and not be trapped in detention centres. It is sad that refugees have to risk their lives and sail on a boat in hope of a happy life. Many refugees die on those boats because the storms are so strong. I hope that in the future refugees are treated better.

Write a comment